Earlier this week, I launched our spring cleaning series. We started with the Bedrooms. Once those are done, you are ready to move onto your general living space – -your family and/or living room(s). Some of you may have more than one, so you’ll just repeat this process in each room. Others may just have one (which will make your job a little simpler).
As a reminder, here are my general cleaning tips:
- What works for one person doesn’t work for everyone else. So, take what you want from the checklist and skip the rest. You might even have a few things you do that I don’t have listed.
- When cleaning, always clean top to bottom and then wet to dry. That ensures you are not reworking anything you may have already spent time cleaning.
- The best solution to use to clean is a bucket of warm water with a little bit of dish soap in it. You can also drop in a tsp or 2 of vinegar to add an extra bit of “oomph” to your cleaning.
- Use microfiber cloths to minimize streaks.
- When cleaning glass or windows, use newspaper or coffee filters as those usually produce fewer streaks.
- Avoid terry cloth when cleaning as it leaves lint behind.
Print out your Spring Cleaning: Living / Family Room Checklist to get started! Make sure you check out our prior Spring Cleaning Posts so you can get the checklists and catch up! Together, we can get our spring cleaning done before the end of April!