If you want an awesome alternative to beef chili, you are going to love this Easy White Chicken Chili! It’s so easy to just cook in one pan, and it’s absolutely delicious. My husband cannot stop ranting and raving about how much he loves this white chicken chili recipe! He’s made me promise that it will be in regular rotation from now on, and I don’t mind one bit!
Check out these other soup and chili recipes:Print
Easy White Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Two chicken breasts
- One yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- Two cans of Great Northern Beans
- 2 small (4 oz) cans of chopped green chilis
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- Sliced avacado (optional)
- White corn tortilla chips (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Heat a large pot on high heat
- Once heated, place the chicken breasts in the bottom.
- Add in the onion, green chilis, beans, chicken stock, and cilantro, and mix well.
- Let it cook at a low boil for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chicken breasts, and shred them with a fork.
- Put the chicken back in the pot.
- Add the half and half and the softened cream cheese to the pot, and stir until completely mixed.
- Cook for five more minutes, stirring often.
- Garnish with the sour cream, avocado, and tortilla chips if desired.