A well-organized home is a less-chaotic home. There’s a lot of truth in that statement. After all, when you can find the things you need quickly, it reduces the stress. But, the reality is that many systems are costly and often out of reach for your budget.
Fancy organizational stores (*cough*thecontainerstore*cough*) try to get you organized by spending thousands on neat-looking containers. However, you don’t need to go any further than your local Dollar store to come up with some great organizing ideas and systems.
Check out this fun list of DIY organization hacks and ideas we’ve found. Best of all, these work well on your tight budget, so you can get organized without spending too much!
- 21 Days to a More Organized Home
- How to Create an After School Schedule
- 25 Awesome Cleaning and Baking Hacks
- Dollar Store penny list and weekly clearance updates
EASY DIY ORGANIZING IDEAS
1. Pantry Bins. Isn’t this organized pantry just gorgeous with those matching labels? It’s hard to believe that these items did not cost a small fortune!!
2. Family Command Center. Everything you need for your family in one centralized location. Pens, calendar, menu, notes — right at your fingertips! This is the perfect solution if you don’t have an office or a desk in your home to keep these things.
3. Organizational Bins. Use those affordable bins you find at your local store and toss items into them. That way, you are not only organized, but you can find the things you need, when you need them. This idea is the perfect solution if you don’t have a linen closet or lack bathroom storage space.
4. Lazy Susan. Seriously simple. Two pie tins and some marbles are all you need to make this creative way to make your own lazy susan.
5. Magnetic Spice Rack. Don’t those organized spices make you smile? Best of all, they aren’t taking up valuable cabinet space! Get the instructions to make this simple DIY spice rack in just a few minutes.
6. Tiered Tray Create this tray to place in your closet, on your dresser or in your bathroom. Keep your accessories at your fingertips where you can find them easily in the morning.
7. Drawer Organizer. What a simple way to organize a drawer on a budget! Get some little bins and everything will be in its place, keeping your bathroom drawers neat and organized!!
8. Fridge Baskets. These fridge baskets are so smart! I love the idea of turning one into a snack basket for the kids – so they know where to get something to eat when they get home from school.
9. Gift Wrap Storage. Isn’t this a fun organization hack?! Turn that shoe organizer into a place to keep your gift wrapping items. Since it is something you don’t use frequently, it keeps it all together, but out of your way until it’s time to wrap a gift.
Also see: 9 Budget DIY Gift Wrap Storage Ideas
11. Baseball Hat Holder. Sometimes the simplest organizing ideas are the smartest. A hanger and shower hooks to keep baseball hats organized. Genius!
12. Under The Sink Brush Holder. Why didn’t I think of this?! Hooks to hang your gloves and kitchen tools right under the sink!
13. Kitchen Utensil Organizer. A little paint is all it takes to turn these jars into colorful utensil organizers to put on your kitchen counter!! Not only can you find what you need, but they add a splash of fun color to your kitchen too!
14. Canned Food Organizer. Find your soups and other canned items quickly by using a simple basket!
15. Cupcake Liner Storage. It seems the cupcake liners take over a shelf quite easily. A clear jar keeps the organized and helps you find the colors you need when baking.
16. Trash Bags On A Roll. Hooks and some dowel rods and you’ve got instant trash bag storage directly beneath your sink!
These ideas are not only creative, they are budget-friendly ways to organize your house. Check your local Dollar Store, Dollar Tree or Dollar General for some unique DIY organzing solutions.