Ice cream sandwiches are a must-have in our house for the summer! We love to make our own, and recently my daughter requested rainbow ice cream sandwiches! These are so easy and fun to make!
This recipe uses store-bought cookie dough, ice cream, and sprinkles. Three ingredients, very little work on your part, and delicious!
Grab the kids and get ready to have some fun creating your own rainbow ice cream sandwiches!
Make sure you check out these fun kid-friendly dessert ideas too:Print
Rainbow Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 37 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dessert
- Refrigerated tube of sugar cookie dough
- Vanilla ice cream
- Wax paper
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Bake the cookies as directed on the package.
- While the cookies back, remove the ice cream from the freezer, so it can soften.
- Allow cookies too cool completely.
- Line a cooke sheet with wax paper.
- Use a spoon and fill a biscuit cutter (or other round cutter) with ice cream on the wax paper.
- Prepare six circles, allowing at least 2″ between each circle on the tray.
- Place the tray in the freezer on a flat surface for thirty minutes.
- Once set, use a spatula to remove the ice cream discs from the cookie sheet, and place them between two cookies.
- Pour the rainbow sprinkles into a large bowl.
- Dip the edges of the ice cream sandwich into the sprinkles and keep rotating it to cover the entire outside in sprinkles.
- Place the cookie sandwiches back on the cookie sheet, cover them with saran wrap, and store them in the freezer until they’re ready to eat.
- Serve frozen.