My kids love pop tarts. But, I don’t like how much sugar they have. It is not the way I want they to start out the day. I found a way to make them pop tarts at home – so they have less sugar but all of the flavor!
Check out this awesome recipe for homemade raspberry pop tarts! They are so easy to make your kids can help you. Plus you can swap out the ingredients to make whatever flavor you want – raspberry, strawberry, smore’s, Nutella – the options are limitless!
More incredible breakfast recipes you need to try:Print
Homemade Raspberry Pop Tarts
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (or make your own)
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon milk (or water)
- White Icing and Sprinkles (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut pie dough into 6 evenly sized rectangles. Repeat with the second pie crust.
- Lay parchment paper out onto a baking sheet and carefully place 6 of the rectangles 2″ inches apart.
- With a fork gently poke 3-4 sets of small holes into rectangle pieces.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam onto each rectangle.
- Place a second rectangle over top each Raspberry filled rectangle.
- Using a fork lightly press the edges of the rectangles together to make pretty crimped edges.
- Using that same fork poke 3-4 sets of holes on the top rectangle pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk the yolk of one egg and milk together. Lightly brush each pop tart with mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately drizzle icing and top with sprinkles.
- Let cool and serve!