Chicken burrito bowls are an easy one-pan meal. I strive to make healthy meals that my family will love, that won’t take all day to prepare! I know a lot of your are the same way, so I wanted to share my recipe for Chicken Burrito Bowls with you!
This recipe is a hit with every member of the family, and it has an awesome avocado lime sauce that brings the whole dish together! If you don’t want to serve it over rice, you can skip the carbs and have it over shredded lettuce too.
If you want to add another protein element, you could also toss in some black beans. Add some extra space by tossing in some green chiles as well.
Other incredible recipes:Print
Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Category: Entree
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 12 oz bag of frozen corn
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of white rice
- 2 cups of water
- 2 avocadoes
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place your chicken breast in a pan with salt and pepper, and two tablespoons of olive oil, and cook on medium high heat.
- Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and shred it using two forks.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Add in the corn, taco seasoning, and half a cup of water, and cover it.
- Cook it on medium for 10 minutes.
- While it cooks, seed and peel two avocados and place them in a blender.
- Add in the lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to the avocado and puree until smooth.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the rice, and drizzle the sauce over the top of the chicken mixture.