Oreo pretzel turkeys are a hit with the kids every time you make them.
With all the baking that goes on at Thanksgiving, I always try to find something the kids can make so they feel like they’re contributing. This edible Thanksgiving craft is the perfect little treat for them to help with! Just think how proud they’ll be if you include a turkey pretzel on everyone’s fancy Thanksgiving dessert plate next to that slice of pumpkin pie!
These whimsical Thanksgiving treats are festive and fun, and you won’t believe how easy the recipe is!
More Thanksgiving party ideas:Print
Oreo Pretzel Turkeys
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Mini Pretzel Twists
- Candy Corn
- Edible Candy Eyes
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Begin by lining a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips until they’re a smooth consistency.
- Using a fork, dip the pretzel twists in, three at a time. and place them in a clover shape on the wax paper.
- Dip the bottom of the oreo into the chocolate, and place them on top of the chocolate covered pretzel clovers.
- Use a spoon and drip three dots on the top of the oreo, two for the eyes, and one for the nose.
- Place the candy eyes, and the candy corn nose onto the chocolate drips.
- Repeat this until you have as many cute little turkeys as you want!
- Allow them to cool for an hour, or place them in the freezer for fifteen minutes.