We have had several requests to share this post again. Here are ten ways to make a little extra money from home.
If your budget is stretched just as far as it can go, you might be looking for additional ways which you can earn money. Unfortunately, if you do a search on-line, you will more than likely hit upon sites which are less than honest (so I don’t recommend you do that).
The best tip is to look for something you can do to use your skills and interests. Don’t try to do something simply to make money, or you’ll quit before you even get started. Below you’ll find TEN ideas for jobs you can do right from home!
Of course, you can always check out Amazon for several free Kindles (and some for which you pay), but below you’ll find TEN popular ideas!!
1. Virtual Assistant. This type of job is for someone who is organized. Many sites (even mine) hire Virtual Assistants to help them. A virtual assistant (VA) works for bloggers or websites. They could do things from check email, to writing articles to even doing accounting. The hours and pay varies from site to site, but it is a nice way to pick up a few extra hours of work and some extra spending cash. Visit VirtualAssistants.com to learn more about how to become a VA.
2. Survey/Points Sites. I’ve recommended these before – because they work. You may not always get approved for every survey, but if you keep at it, you can definitely earn some money. In addition, it can take a while to turn those points into cash, but it does happen! Most of these sites reward you in the form of points and then you in turn redeem the points in exchange for cash or prizes. Some of them you might look into include: Inbox Dollars, MyPoints, MySurvey and National Consumer Panel.
3. Open a Day Care. This is one which is for someone who truly loves kids. You will need to be able to prepare meals, teach kids and have a set up in your home which would be safe for children. If this interests you, it is important that you visit your own state’s childcare license office to learn what it will take to become accredited. Share with friends to help them get the word out that you are open for business!
4. Home Based Business. I’m sure you’ve heard of many consultant based businesses, such as Thirty-One Gifts, Mary Kay, Party Lite, Pampered Chef, etc. These are great companies that allow you to set your own hours, get out and meet new people and still bring in a little spending money. Make sure you do your homework so you fully understand the start up costs and even what you have to do in order to maintain your consultant status.
5. Ebay. If you love to search out deals, Ebay might be a good deal for you. If you find a great deal on a toy on clearance, you can probably turn around and sell it on Ebay for more than what you paid for it. Another great thing to sell on Ebay is children’s clothes. Right now, the economy is so tough that parents can’t afford new clothes, so they can head to Ebay and purchase them for just a few dollars per item. Whatever you decide to sell, Ebay has tools to help you from determining your cost to ad layout. Just do your research and get ready to sell!
6. Sell Your Photos. If you are budding photographer, you can make money by selling your images. There are sites where you then sell your photos. As with any on-line endeavor, always read the fine print before you sign up so you know what you are getting into. Here are a couple of sites you might check out: iStockPhoto, Shutterstock, Fotolia.
7. Call Center Employee. When you place a call to a company, the call rarely goes to an office, but is directed to an employee (who is probably working from their home). You simply set up an area where you can work and follow a script, taking calls from customers. Pay varies, depending upon the type of company for which you work. If you are interested in this option, here are some sites you can visit to learn more: workingsolutions.com, liveops.com or alpineaccess.com.
8. Data Entry. With the digital age comes the need to transfer all of that content on paper into digital media. Companies actually pay people, just like you, to enter this for them. This is the one where you will find a LOT of scams, so make sure you are very careful before you sign up.
9. Content Writer. Love to write? You might be able to get hired for freelance writing jobs. The reason is that companies need to hire quality writers to create content for their websites. This can also be a way to sell your content to bloggers (if you are an expert in a field). Visit Elance to get started!
10. Sell your wares. If you love to create items, you can sell them for cash. Check out Etsy and sign up!
Of course, before you ever sign up, make sure you protect yourself. Here are tips to know if the company could potentially scam you:
- Watch for pyramid schemes.
- Be leery of a company who makes you pay before they tell you what your job will be.
- Read the fine print. Know what to expect before you agree to the terms (that means, don’t just click the accept button).
- Research the company at the Better Business Bureau to see if they are accredited or if there have been complaints filed.
Whatever you decide to do when you work from home, just make sure you do thorough research. Make sure it works for you and it is something you enjoy doing. Not all opportunities are for everyone. Good Luck!