Hello, coffee lovers! Today, I’d like to let you in on a little secret: creating a copycat Starbucks™ caramel frappé at home is not only cheaper than purchasing one at Starbucks™, but it’s also faster and more convenient. With rising restaurant and coffee shop prices, it’s getting more difficult to enjoy our favorite treats. But don’t worry; I’ve got your back.
I’m sure you’ve all had a Starbucks™ caramel frappé and know how wonderful and creamy it is. Let me assure you that making one at home is just as wonderful, if not better. What’s the greatest part? Most of the ingredients are likely already in your refrigerator. With only a few simple ingredients, you’ll be sipping on a homemade caramel frappe in no time.
Making your own caramel frappé is simple. You won’t have to stand in a long line to get your coffee fix. You can create it in your own kitchen, saving both time and money. You can also customize it to your taste—make it a little more sweeter, extra creamy, or extra strong—the choice is yours!
So, the next time you want a Starbucks caramel frappuccino, skip the drive-thru and make this copycat recipe at home. Trust me, you won’t be sorry. Both your taste buds and your pocketbook will be extremely thankful.
Copycat Starbucks™ Caramel Frappé Recipe
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minute
- Yield: 1 glass 1x
- Category: Drink
- 2 shots of espresso or 4 oz. of strongly brewed coffee
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of caramel sauce or caramel syrup (to perfect the recipe, you can order Starbucks caramel syrup from Amazon!)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (see my easy homemade whipped cream recipe), small scoop of vanilla ice cream, or almond milk (optional)
- Caramel sauce for drizzle(optional)
1. Make 2 espresso shots or 4 oz of strong coffee. Let it cool completely.
2. Blend the espresso, ice, milk, 1/4 cup caramel sauce, and the vanilla extract in a blender on high until the ingredients are fully combined and the ice is crushed.
3. Drizzle caramel sauce around the inside of the glass.
4. Pour the frappé into a glass.
5. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce(optional).
- You can adjust the sweetness level by adding a little sugar or more caramel sauce.
- You can adjust the texture by adding more ice or using less ice.
- Experiment with different types of milk (e.g., almond, oat) to find the one that you like best.
- Use high-quality espresso or coffee for the best flavor.
- You can also make a caramel frappé with a mocha twist by adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the blender.
Keywords: copycat starbucks caramel frappe