Pumpkin muffins are the perfect way to start your morning this fall. They are bursting with the spices you love and are topped with the best frosting for the perfect finish.
Fall means all things pumpkin spice! If you want to fit in your favorite flavor as many times a day a possible, then these muffins are the answer. Grab a muffin as you run out the door on your way to work. Best of all, even your kids will love these!
Pumpkin spice muffins are also an easy addition to a special occasion breakfast, like Christmas brunch! Get our other budget-friendly Christmas brunch options at How to Do Christmas on a Budget.Print
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Muffin Ingredients[br
- ]3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 8 oz.cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- Muffin Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line muffin tins with liners
- Stir together flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and juice.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Frosting Instructions
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until creamy
- Gradually blend in powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy
Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking.