One way to find great deals at Office Depot or Office Max is through their rewards program. It is a free program you can sign up for, where you earn credits toward future purchases. Below you can find the details about this program:
OFFICE MAX / OFFICE DEPOT REWARDS
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM BENEFITS?
The Office Depot / Office max rewards program offers many benefits to its members.
- Earn 2% in rewards on supplies, furniture, technology and more.
- Receive $2 for each ink or toner cartridge recycled (up to 10 per month)
- Complete product reviews for rewards (3 per month, posted within five days)
- And rewards for product reviews (limit three approved reviews per month, rewards post within five days). Plus, all rewards are paid out – there is NO threshold to earn a reward certificate!
WHAT IS A VIP REWARDS MEMBER?
VIP members are those who spend $500 or more during a 365 day period. These members enjoy the same perks as above, but they also enjoy the following:
- Earn 5% in rewards on ink, toner, paper, print/copy/ship services
- Free delivery with no minimum purchase (excludes oversize and special order items)
- Exclusive VIP perks
- Special birthday offer
- Free samples
- And more!!!
IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE REWARDS YOU CAN EARN?
Members will earn 2% cash back on all items, except the for BizBox, Tech-Zone, or Centriq services. While there is no limit on the rewards you can earn on most products, there are limits on stamps or gift cards:
- Rewards earned on up to $200 spent on 3rd party gift cards, per quarter
- Earned on up to $50 on Office Depot / Office Max gift cards, per quarter
- Rewards are earned up to $75 on U.S. postage stamps, per quarter
Rewards are earned on the final price paid at checkout for an item or service, excluding tax and delivery fees, after all, discounts are applied and after deducting the value of any free gifts with purchase and the value of any reward and merchandise certificates/cards applied to that purchase.
DO I HAVE TO EARN A CERTAIN AMOUNT BEFORE MY REWARDS ARE PAID OUT?
No. There is no threshold to earn a reward certificate.
WHAT LIMITS ARE THER WHEN REDEEMING REWARDS?
You can not use reward certificates on gift or prepaid cards. You can redeem rewards in up to a limit of 3 per day, when accessing via their cash registers at checkout, for in-store redemption.
Any balances not redeemed will be able to be used at a later time (and you will see this balance at the bottom of your receipt).
CAN YOU USE COUPONS ON REWARDS?
Yep! When you redeem your rewards, you can use coupons as long as they fall within the store’s coupon policy.
WHEN ARE THE REWARDS ISSUED
Rewards on your everyday purchases will be issued within 30 days after the end of the calendar quarter.
Shop January 1 – March 31; Rewards issued by April 30
Shop April 1 – June 30; Rewards issued by July 31
Shop July 1 – September 30; Rewards issued by November 30
Shop October 1 – December 31; Rewards issued by January 31
If you purchase an item that is eligible for bonus rewards, those are issued the next day, after the promotion posts.
DO REWARDS EXPIRE?
Yes. All rewards expire the last day of the month following the month issued.