Who doesn’t love a decadent treat once in a while? I know I do! Of course, I don’t like to go too far overboard and do what I can to ensure that I am still getting something good for me at the same time.
That is why these fresh blueberry puffs are one of my favorites! I get all the sweet, but it still has fresh fruit so I don’t feel quite as guilty!
The breakfast puffs are super easy to make and you can switch out the blueberries for any other fruits you may want to try. I’ve made them with raspberries, blackberries and even mixed fruit and they are delicious every single time.
These are one of my favorite breakfast treats – because if feels like you are starting your day off with dessert!Print
Fresh Blueberry Puffs
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 2–3 cans of crescents
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together blueberries, sugar, cinnamon, flour, and water. Mix well.
- Take two crescents and separately, make them into balls of dough.
- Roll both balls out to be flat like a mini pie crust or pizza crust.
- In the middle of one of these flattened balls of dough, place a spoonful or two of blueberry mixture.
- Take the other flattened ball of dough and lay it over the top of the blueberry mixture like the top of a pie.
- Mold the edges of the top dough into the bottom dough to seal in the blueberry mixture.
- Trim extra dough if needed.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the middle is no longer doughy.
The middle will still look slightly gooey due to the mixture. Once out of the oven and cooled, the inside will no longer be gooey