These adorable Christmas Tree Cupcakes are so easy. Really. They look difficult and will wow your guests, but you and I will know just how simple they were to make!
I promise, there’s no practice needed. You are going to love how they turn out!
Makes sure you check out all of our amazing Christmas Recipes and DIY ideas!!!Print
EASY CHRISTMAS TREE CUPCAKES
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 boxed cake mix
- 1 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 container of white frosting
- 1 Bag of green candy melts
- 24 mini pretzel sticks
- Mini ball sprinkles
- Wax paper
- Make the cupcakes as directed.
- While the cupcakes cool, make the Christmas trees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Space the 24 mini pretzel sticks about 2″ – 3″ apart on the wax paper.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave on full power, 30 seconds at a time. Stir with a fork and continue to melt at 30-second intervals (stirring between each time) until smooth.
- Pour the melted candies into a large baggie (can use a piping bag with small tip if you wish)
- Cut a very small corner off the bag.
- Go back and forth over the pretzel sticks, starting at the bottom, to make a Christmas tree shape.
- Finish with sprinkles.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for thirty minutes or until the melts have hardened.
- Top the cupcakes with the frosting, and sprinkle each one with coconut.
- Gently peel each tree from the wax paper.
- Press the Christmas trees into the tops of the cupcakes gently.
Pro tip: If traveling with the cupcakes, take the Christmas trees in a separate container, and put them on the cupcakes once you arrive to make them easier to transport.