Summertime means BBQs and picnics. And that means hot dogs, hamburgers and all of the yummy summer side dishes. Most of the time we think about potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans, but one popular item you’ll find at your picnic are pasta side dishes!
I love creating new and unique ways to make pasta. One of my favorites is this bacon ranch pasta salad. It goes with just about everything!!! And, best of all, it is a pasta salad even kids will gobble down!!!
There is nothing more refreshing than a summer pasta salad. I’ve got a recipe that is super easy to make. Honestly, if you can boil water, you can make this easy summer side dish.
It’s a simple recipe that doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. You can stick with this basic recipe or even turn it up a notch by adding fresh summer veggies such as cucumber or tomato.
I’m pretty picky about my pasta salad, and I love this recipe! It’s super fast to throw together, and everyone loves it. Whenever we take this side dish to our parties, it is one of the first things that is gone. It is 100x better than what you find in a box.
Of course, you don’t have to wait for a summer get together or party to make this. It is a great pairing with cheddar turkey burgers and even baked Italian subs. It’s a truly versatile side dish that goes with just about anything.Print
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Pasta side dishes are the perfect summertime pairing for your favorite grilled foods. You’ll love how easy this one is to make.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 box tri-blend rotini
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 1cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup real bacon pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil the pasta until it’s tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, until it’s cool to the touch.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the milk, ranch packet, and mayonnaise until it’s mixed well.
- Stir the ranch mix into the pasta until all the pasta is coated.
- Add the bacon and cheese, and mix well again.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.