Starbucks lemon pound cake is so simple to make! You can call it a pound cake or a loaf, but I just call it delicious.
One of my favorite treats is Starbucks lemon loaf. I love just about anything lemon and this recipe is just that!!! The tart and then sweet flavors; they just make my mouth water thinking about them!
I don’t visit there often, but when I do, I always grab a slice. So, when I found a way to make their lemon loaf at home – I was thrilled! This cake tastes exactly like what you buy at the store – but at a fraction of the cost.
As much as I love the version at the store, I find that it can be a bit too oily for my tastes. This version is not heavy or dry like you find in many pound cakes. It is very moist and packed full of flavor.
That all aside, I think what I like most about this recipe is that I had everything in my pantry! No running to the store to buy ingredients that I would use just once. I can make this pound cake with simple items I have on hand (and can pronounce)!
The cake itself is perfectly lemony, and the lemon glaze boosts the lemon flavor even more. Lemon lovers will be in their glory. And just think of all that money you’ll save by making it at home. That’s almost dangerous. Also, lemon loaf is perfect for a special occasion breakfast, like Christmas brunch! Get our other budget-friendly Christmas brunch options at How to Do Christmas on a Budget.
Check out these other incredibly simple copycat recipes:
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- Copycat Cheddar’s Croissant Bread Pudding
- Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
Once you have a slice of this copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf, you’ll never buy it at the store again!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 Tbs. butter (softened)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup + 1 Tbs. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl blend the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and lemon juice.
- Combine both bowls and mix well. Add the oil and blend.
- Bake for 45 min — or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool and then remove from the pan.
- Spread the icing over the top. Cut into 1″ slices.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Keywords: lemon loaf, lemon pound cake