Have you ever tried Cheddar’s bread pudding? I am not a huge bread pudding fan but theirs is AH-MAZING! Not too soggy, not too sweet – just perfect!
I actually have found myself visiting the restaurant with a girlfriend or two just to order nothing more than a Croissant Bread Pudding! So it was only right that I invest some time learning how to make my own Cheddar’s Copycat Croissant Bread Pudding. This recipe turned out absolutely amazing -better than I could have imagined.Print
Cheddar’s Copycat Croissant Bread Pudding
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Category: Dessert
- 6 stale croissants
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (any)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- ***Top with homemade or purchased caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Tear croissants into approximately 1 inch pieces. Place in a buttered medium to large sized Pyrex baking dish. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl or KitchenAid mixer, whisk egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Pour mixture over croissant pieces and mix with a spoon, until all bread is damp. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top, allowing them to fall into the crevices of the bread pieces and naturally mix.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and caramel sauce.