As a mother who is often on the go, I’m always seeking easy desserts that won’t break the bank and that the whole family will appreciate. For this reason, I absolutely adore this recipe for cake pops. Not only are they delicious, but they are also incredibly simple to make and can be prepared with ingredients that are available at your local grocery store.
One of the reasons that my family enjoys making this easy cake pop recipe so much is that it is not difficult to put together. Only a box of cake mix, cream cheese, eggs, water, candy melts, and some lollipop sticks are required. Because of this, even the little ones will be able to participate in the fun and make their very own cake pops.
Another amazing aspect about this recipe is its versatility. You can use any flavor of cake mix you prefer, making it perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s a birthday party, family gathering, or just a sweet treat for yourself, these cake pops are sure to be a hit. Plus, you can customize them with different sprinkles or toppings to suit your taste.
Making cake pops is a great way to get creative in the kitchen with the family. Kids will love shaping the cake dough into balls and decorating them. Plus, they’re a fun and tasty way to get everyone involved in the kitchen.
Here’s how to make these perfect bite-sized sweet treats!Print
Easy Chocolate Cake Pops: A Sweet and Simple Treat for Any Occasion
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (or experiment with other flavors like vanilla, pumpkin, etc)
- 1 cup of water
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 12 ounces of candy melt wafers
- 24 Lollipop sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 13×9-inch cake pan with non-stick spray or butter or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cake mix, water, and eggs in a large bowl until combined. Pour the batter evenly into the cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes, depending on your oven, and let the cake completely cool.
- Line a plate or tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Crumble the cooled cake into a mixing bowl and add the cream cheese. Mix on low until a smooth dough forms (about 10 minutes). Dough will be slightly crumbly but soft and moist.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the cake dough and roll into 1.5-inch balls. Place the balls on the lined plate or tray and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt candy wafers in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring constantly, until smooth. Once melted, pour into a tall glass.
- Take the cake balls out of the refrigerator. Dip the tip of the cake pop stick into the melted candy wafers and insert it into the cake ball about three-quarters of the way through. Once all the sticks are inserted into the cake balls and the coating has hardened, they are ready to be dipped.
- Dip the cake pop into the melted candy wafers, completely coating the cake pop. Remove and lightly scrape the cake pop bottom on the side of the glass so any excess coating can drip off.
- Decorate with sprinkles. A candy coating also works well with these as well!
- Place the cake ball back on the lined plate or baking sheet to dry. The sticks will be upright. This will give them a flat underside for easier storage and transport.
- Cake pops can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
With these simple steps and delicious ingredients, you’ll have the perfect cake pops ready to share with your family and friends. So, gather everyone around and have fun in the kitchen!
- Instead of an electric mixer, you can use a large spoon to mix the cream cheese and crumbled cake by hand or you can use a food processor to speed up the mixing process.
- You can use chocolate-coating wafers instead of candy wafers.
- If your melted candy wafers are too thick to dip your pops, you can stir in 1-3 teaspoons of vegetable oil or coconut oil to thin down the coating.
- You can replace the cream cheese with equal parts of frosting.
Keywords: easy cake pop recipe
Also see this Valentine’s Day cake pop recipe