As a busy mom, I know firsthand how challenging it can be to whip up a satisfying, healthy meal after a long day at work. I’ve discovered a delicious and nutritious go-to recipe that has become a lifesaver in my kitchen: Chicken, Quinoa, and Veggie Stir-Fry. This one-pan wonder is not only light and fulfilling but also incredibly easy to prepare.
This dish combines the lean protein of chicken with the nutrient-packed power of quinoa, an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The medley of colorful vegetables adds a burst of flavor and essential nutrients, ensuring that you and your family enjoy a well-rounded meal.
The best part is that this meal comes together in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for those hectic weeknights when time is scarce. Plus, at the cost of around $10 for four servings, its cost-effectiveness means you can keep your budget in check while still serving a dish that everyone will love.
Give this Chicken, Quinoa, and Veggie Stir-Fry a try and see how it simplifies your dinner routine, leaving you more time to focus on what really matters: spending quality time with your family.Print
Chicken, Quinoa, and Veggie Stir-Fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (e.g., bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, snap peas)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain. Combine quinoa and water (or chicken broth) in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, sriracha (if using), and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and grated ginger, cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add mixed vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they are tender but still crisp.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet. Pour in the prepared sauce and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and mix well. Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onions.